Chapter 219 Chance to Atone

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dang bro, Overgeared ended. It was such a sudden one that I bet no one have predicted too. The author have been hinting about what's the next arc gonna be for maybe more than a year but it suddenly ended sigh. Damn man, Overgeared was awesome. Love the moments where Grid struggle a lot. The ending was so damn abrupt. Haah, to think I let it ferment right several chapters it ended. Sigh, hopefully they'd expand it if the manhwa could reach that far. Hopefully so. I'd read Age of Adepts if they have manhua for it too. Ugh, they cut it off when a very interesting arc about to rise.

 

 

Chapter 219 Chance to Atone

 

Ooh, Forna is holding in.

“......I, I’m........ Vel...... to you I........” (Forna)

If it were back in days, she’d let herself succumb to her feelings and cry loudly, make a racket and went on a rampage as the golden envy she was but now she’s different.

However, that also meant that the power in her whole body has left her making her unable to make a racket.

Partially, Forna herself understood that she’s in the side has done wrong,

It’s exactly because she understood that in her mind; [I have done something that, even if I were to be criticized or disliked for it, I can’t blame anyone], making me didn’t say anything to her.

“Velt-kun....., um, please. Stop being mean to Forna any more than this. In the first place you are......” (Arusha)

“Hey, stop, Arusha.” (Kishin)

“Kishin-kun.” (Arusha)

Arusha who couldn’t stand seeing it took pity on Forna and about to stop me but Kishin was there and......

“Yup yup, stop it there. Samejima’s daughter, and da angel onee-chan too.” (Jackpot)

“What are you doing, let me go!” (Ura)

“That’s.... it’s true, what we did to Velt-sama was...... but, this makes Forna-sama so pitiful.” (Eljela)

Jack held down Arusha, as well as Ura and Eljela who were about to stop me.

TL note: uh maybe the author forgot to mention Kishin there.

“Wait, what are you doing, both of you!” (Arusha)

“Hey, cooldown.” (Kishin)

“Well, just let Velt fer now.” (Jackpot)

It seems Kishin and Jack have seen through me, they sent me a wink.

For some reason that made me feel a bit embarrassed.

“Hey, Wold.” (Velt)

“What?” (Wold)

“That well, does Desneyland has a castle in it?” (Velt)

“........Castle? Yes, it certainly does, why do you ask?” (Wold)

Well, if Mackey was involved in the planning then I’d definitely thought there’d be one.

And then, Arusha seemed to be taken aback by my question.

“A castle..... a marriage ceremony on Desneyland...... for a girl that’s the dream they yearned for the most.......” (Arusha)

“Eh?” (Ura)

“What?” (Eljela)

Aight, don’t get so surprised like that. Arusha, why are you trembling so much now.

Ura and Eljela also reacted with [a marriage ceremony?]. I mean, Ura, I’ve already done it with you.

“Hm, what was I thinking? In the end it’s a mere imitation, there’s no need to think about it every single time. But, wait a minute? This is something that Mackey-kun thought about, right? So he who was popular with girls must have gone to Desneyland so many times right? If I’m not mistaken, he also had that year long pass card. Since that’s the case, he must have been pretty fixated about details, and the castle too should have high quality. But, maybe that’s not the case. What am I even thinking, in the first place, for me to have my marriage ceremony with Velt-kun, it nee to be twice. Wasn’t it already decided that it’d take place in Elfarshia Kingdom and Arklein Empire? So why does it need to be held at that counterfeit of a theme park now? Huh, this isn’t the time for that. What I need to do now is to stop Velt that’s being mean to Forna. I after all, have known Forna’s feelings ever since we’re kids. And to give this girl, who has come to understood how nightmare-like these two years are, a suffering like this....... Yes, I won’t let this be the end for Velt-kun and Forna’s story. Even with Forna being my strongest rival, even if I could monopolize Velt-kun and pilfer away a large amount of time with him......, just what was I thinking about! There’s something wrong with me to be thinking about something like that. Forna, Princess Ura, Imperial Princess Eljela, and me. This is the strongest lineup there is. To break this apart is...... but, lately Princess Yuzuriha has been seeing Velt with that look....... I don’t quite understand Althea-san’s real intention too....  b, but, that has nothing to do with this. Even with many wives he won’t be taken away. I will be there, and Forna will smile too, if we are to make a good world with no sadness, I shouldn’t make light of my friendship with Forna. Right now....... hm? But, wait a minute? The situation right now is...... what if, we’re to make a rank among the wives? The top will...... go to Imperial Princess Eljela, I think. She also has a cute daughter, the three of them are lovey dovey happy family. Second will be...... I feel sad but, it must be Princess Ura right? Her memories have returned too, and more than anything they’ve lived together since they were ten years old, they are already so well matching together that they’re like husband and wife that aged finely like a wine, there’s also her advantage of having helped each other at the ramen shop. And more than anything, they have earned the official recognition of Sensei who’s like a foster parent to them, and now their marriage ceremony had been broadcasted to the world, earning them the blessing from all demon race! And so, next is....... wait a minute? I already have bodily contact and confessed myself to Velt-kun so many times but, ......my strong point is only being his classmate from previous life...... and, if Velt-kun were to take in Forna under this situation...... huh? The one with the lowest rank will be..... me? Wait, that’s so silly of me, why am I being so leisure like this! Isn’t it me who is in the most dangerous position! If he is really held precious of love and romance, then it won’t be about the marriage ceremony that will be held one day...... it’s not about one day, but about now! Desneyland...... this is no longer just a coincidence. The romantic marriage ceremony that a girl who was a mere student in her previous life has always yearned for. And now in a different world where she was reborn into, a chance to make it come true has come, together with the man that she always loved to boot, you know? I have exerted great effort in many things all this time, what am I to do if I were to give up for the most important thing?” (Arusha)

For someone smart, once they heard one thing, they’d learn ten out of it.

But, upon seeing Arusha, I thought like this.

“Velt-kun, would it be fine to let Mackey-kun to estimate the expenses needed for the ceremony?” (Arusha)

“You’re the kind of person who, upon hearing one thing, went and have hundreds of things to be confused about huh.” (Velt)

You’re quite the nasty one yourself, as one would expect of [Queen of Love Beguilement] or so I thought.

“Well, alright...... anyways, putting aside having the ceremony in that place......., if we’re to do it, Forna will be the representative of your childhood friends.......” (Arusha)

“...............” (Velt)

“A bit of speech would.........” (Arusha)

I thought Forna’s life would be annihilated with just one more word but before that, something like a death agony was heard.

However, it wasn’t from Forna.

“U, a, aaaaa, please Velt-kun, please!”

The one who’s weeping is Sanne.

O, ooh...... that made me surprised.....

“I don’t know what’s going on anymore! Why, why do we lost our memories about you, what General Tyler has done, why we and Princess Forna needed to fight against you, we don’t know why all of that happened! But, please! I won’t ask you to forgive us..... I know I’m saying something so thoughtless, but, please! P, please, I beg you...... don’t do this kind of thing......” (Sanne)

Sanne is on her knees, covering her face as she choked with tears, it made my chest felt a stinging pain.

“I’m the same...... Velt-kun....... I don’t mind how many times you’ll hit me, or even hate me..... but......”

Galva, as if in seiza, he went on his knees and showed his tearful face.

And as if that as a signal, other guys are also......

“Me too...... I mean..... I don’t know what to say......”

“Me too.” (Shout)

“Me too.I said those cruel words without understanding your situation.......”

Even Ship, Bartz and others get on their knees, heck what is this barrage of atonement.

With how they’re being so admirable like this, it’s me now instead the one who looked being mean to them alright. Though I do being mean to them.

Hm? But, there’s someone that’s an exception....

“What, ain’t you’re making quite the ugly expression now.” (Velt)

“.........Velt.................”

“Well, of course you would. Like which side you’re gonna pick, ....it must be Wold’s right?” (Velt)

A single one of my childhood friends does not lowers her head, she only stays silent and looking straight at me standing stock still, the cool lone she-wolf.

“Right? Howe.” (Velt)

“...........Velt...........” (Howe)

“Well, in the end you also forgot about me too it seems. So how’s your feeling now?” (Velt)

When I tried to provoke and stir her up, Howe slightly spat out a sigh and glared at me.

“Isn’t everything started because of you? It’s because you picked the whole world rather than the human race.” (Howe)

“Let’s keep out that part of the quarrel out aight. Leave it to those commentators to decide which one is in the right. I’m not interested in it after all.” (Velt)

“Even General Tyler died, ......... if you had just didn’t get in the way and cooperate!” (Howe)

“Haah? All of that was because of that idiot Mannie. And it’s the Holy Knights’ fault making Mannie turned like that! No, to be more precise, it’s the fault of that Mackey to keep neglecting his responsibilities to Mannie!” (Velt)

“No, even with that, if you who have the popularity and power had done something, then things will have turned different! If you had just become our ally then everything will!” (Howe)

This might be the first. For Howe who I could count by hand how many times I’ve talked with since I was a child, to talk to me and become this angry.

However, at the same time, Howe who has those sever, sharp knives-like eyes are starting to turn moist.

“You’re wrong...... yes....... for you, someone like me....... rather than me who is helpless, incompetent, and useless, you should have been able to grasp an even grander matter.....” (Howe)

“Heck, don’t cry over every damn thing! Usually you always put on that glare all the time so don’t go and use a girl’s privilege now!” (Velt)

“Shut up! You’re....... it’s you who have made so many girls cried...... it’s you!” (Howe)

We lost our way inside the childish quarrel unable to find an exit, it happened at that moment.

“Stop, Howe Prunchit.”

“......Wold.......sama......” (Howe)

“Whoever is to blame......... is trivial. Whoever is in the right or just, it’s fine as long as it’s being shared with the Great Human Alliance Army. Isn’t that correct? Velt Jeeha. That time, it was exactly because both you and Tyler weren’t able to truly decide things over that you seclude yourself for two years.” (Wold)

For some reason, those words that Wold said so easily weren’t wrong but it was making me so pissed off that I’d wanted to say [like hell you could say that].

“Princess Forna Elfarshia. It was the same case with you. Had Velt was taken off your thoughts and you only think for the human race, you will arrive at the same answer that we have. Wasn’t it you who, two years ago learned the truth, lost your memories, and captured Velt Jeeha?” (Wold)

“!” (Forna)

“Having your justice and resolve to be swayed by merely thinking about a single man, I’m slightly disappointed by it.” (Wold)

Those words made Sanne, Barts, and others who don’t know the situation to feel confused.

Forna captured me? For these guys, just how cruel those words could be.....

“Don’t say anything about Forna you bastard.” (Velt)

“Let go.....” (Wold)

“Shut up! Bastard, you don’t know anything about Forna, so don’t open your goddamn mouth! The one who could be mean to Forna, is only me!” (Velt)

When I realized it, I’ve already grabbed Wold’s collar.

“Keep your damn mouth away from my and Forna’s problem! And, what do you think you know about Forna! Forna’s answer with Velt Jeeha being taken off? That’s the real problem in the first place! Forna who forgot about me isn’t Forna! Maybe Forna will in the end arrive at that answer had she not met me. But, she is Forna who has grown up by meeting me, it’s exactly because of Velt Jeeha’s existence that Forna Elfarshia is what she is right now, so the answer that Forna gave out while she couldn’t be said as herself is, Forna is....... is..........” (Velt)

“.................” (Wold)

“Damn, I don’t really know what I’m talking about myself, but you just stay out of it. Or I’ll kill you!” (Velt)

“............Don’t worry. I could understand what you wanted to say.” (Wold)

When I realized it I was already shouting angrily and behind me Arusha and others are sneakily talking about something.

“Say, Kishin-kun. In the end, Velt is being mean to Forna and others but he isn’t mad about it right? He’s covering for them even now.” (Arusha)

“Fuh, to be mean is Velt’s style. In other words, once Velt done being mean with Princess Forna and her group and forgive them, he’ll fix things up with [in the end it’s only that much of a problem]. But still, it’s a bit pitiful.” (Kishin)

“ ‘ight ‘ight. So, it’s like dis [Y’all has forgotten me so I do somethin’ this harsh ‘cause I hold a grudge with it. You guys just mean that much for me], it’s his way of showin’ his love. See, Miyamoto.... nah, Barnando. What was his alias in the previous life?” (Jackpot)

“Tsundere Yankee...... well how to say it, he is a clumsy man. Isn’t he, Althea-san?” (Barnando)

“Real a pain in the ass to deal with.” (Althea)

Hey, you guys there! I can hear you! What the hell you’re sneakingly talking behind my back!

I mean, why the heck Jack and Kishin are reading too much into this, it’s damn embarrassing so stop it already!

“Shut, shuuuut uuuup! All of you, don’t let it blow over your head! Forna too, you guys, I’m not going to forgive you that easily alright, I’m gonna freakingly picking on you so better be ready KORAA!” (Velt)

For some reason, my own mouth can’t seem to function well all of a sudden. And then, Forna whose expression seemed to be on the verge of dying from insanity, for some reason turned slightly calm and showed a faint smile to me.

“Yes, I understand, Velt. Had you really forgiven me so easily, I really won’t be able to stand back up anymore.” (Forna)

“............Yeah.........” (Velt)

It’s not like I already forgave her. But still, Forna showed an expression as if she has been saved from despair, though just a little.

Even if I were to forgive her here right now, she won’t be able to consent to it.

Even if I were to say I did that to mess around, I really am having that much grudge about it and wanting to retaliate it out a bit, but I’m sure she’d also feel slightly at ease for me doing it.

That’s why, lashing out against her like this, even for just appearance sake, I were able to give her a chance to atone......

“But, what is right thing, which one is right, there’s no helping it if you want to say something about those things, I approve you, Wold. We will go to Desneyland. We have to bring back Cosmos no matter what. And for that, we need to do something against those Love and Peace guys that’s blocking our way, and more than anything those machine monsters.” (Velt)

And so I give Forna that chance.

“To take care of those machine monsters as fast as possible, lightning will be the most effective. That’s why, lend us your help, Forna. To save my family, I’m gonna have you work like a cart horse.” (Velt)

“Eh?” (Forna)

“Though, I’ll leave it to you whether you want to come along or not.” (Velt)

Perhaps, unexpecting of what I said, Forna once again asked.

It surprised my childhood friends and even my comrades but still, I said it.

“To save my beloved family member, you’ll bet your life on it. I don’t think there’s gonna be a situation that’s exceeding even this you know?” (Velt)

“I will..... have to go with you?” (Forna)

“Yeah. Be it you leaving me and come with the half destroyed World Alliance, or instead you choosing the man from your past...... think in line with the Forna Elfarshia who has remembered me and decide.” (Velt)

Yes, this is her ultimate choice.

For the humans, the world, justice, and the Great Human Alliance Army that has gathered for those sake.

And included in that, the sky people and this situation. Moreover, with the True Hero Roa who is supposed to be the center of it all not being here.

That’s why, I knew just how much the existence of Forna has turned into the pillar that support the World Alliance’s mental state right now.

And now Forna need to choose, whether it’s me or the World Alliance.

A selfish and harsh choice.

But, to this question that I thought as the penultimate, Forna smiled belligerently for some reason.

“I have hurt you this much, and torn you into pieces...... my heart and body are now being honest with themselves.” (Forna)

As she said that in self-depreciation, I saw Forna’s eyes flickering with light.

And then, Forna was about to give her answer with not any doubt in her, but in the next moment......

“Velt, I’m-----------“ (Forna)

“ “ “ “Princess Forna of course will definitely go! ! ! !” “ “ “

Before Forna could answer, Barts, Ship, Sanne, Galva and others all shouted.

“Why the hell do you think the Ten Heroes are ten! They have us here! We will show you that we could definitely cover Princess Forna and Prince Roa’s part! And this time, with our lives on the line!”

“I’ll work hard too! This time, I’ll show you that I could protect things important to us!”

“We finally remember! Like hell we can just endure things out as it is despite we finally regained our memories! We had our share of fights too!”

“If, Princes Forna remains here and the World Alliance get back on it’s feet, it will be the end between Velt-kun and Princess Forna. There’s nothing in it for Elfarshia Kingdom!”

“Princess Forna, this Galva will now relinquish his duty of protecting you, and oath to use his whole strength to it’s very limit for the sake of making the World Alliance get back on it’s feet. Therefore, please do as your heart wills!”

Just a moment ago, their eyes were only filled with defeat, feelings of guilt and hopelessness towards me, but now it took a sudden turn as they’re being clad in burning flames, their wills are all burning so powerfully.

Seeing their will, Forna nodded and smiled.

“Yes, thank you so much...... Everyone.” (Forna)

Upon seeing that, for some reason I felt as if I’m already home.

“Did you see that, Velt”

“I see, so this is how Princess Forna should be originally.”

“Nah you’re wrong, this is how [Elfarshia Kingdom] should be [originally].”

That’s right, and as things felt pleasant for the love between the Princess and the stupid son of a farmer, for some reason I got the feeling as if the whole country was pushing our back and cheering for us.

“Since that’s the case, let’s save Cosmos and after that I’ll quickly treat myself to my newly-wed first night with Eljela. Ah, Forna at that time you’ll take care of Cosmos alright?” (Velt)

“......................GUHATSUA!”

“Velt-sama! That’s too much for Princess Forna....... no, that’s, to entwine in love with Velt-sama, it is also something I longed for.” (Eljela)

“Wait wait! Velt! Before you have a second child with Eljlela, you should make the first one with me firstly!” (Ura)

“Please wait, Princess Ura! If that’s the case than I also have the same right!” (Arusha)

“Princess Forna please do your best! Please endure it for now!”

“One day, until the day come when Velt forgive you, please bear with it!”

This is the true form of the country where I was born and raised in.

It is peaceful, and filled all over with idiots.....

“Alright, let’s go! Time for a group tour at Desneyland! Since we’ll be giving out reviews, let’s properly fill up those questionnaires!” (Velt)

Really, I love you guys so much.

“Fuh, what a happy man.” (Ligantina)

“Ligantina onee-sama?” (Eljela)

“I’ll stay behind. That’s why, you need to give all the support for your daughter and husband.” (Ligantina)

“Yes! Naturally! Wait, onee-sama! It’s fine if you want to leave right away but before that, please let go of Lagaia-san that you carry on your hand with mouth gag on!” (Eljela)

“.........................Well then, I’ll pray for your fortune!” (Ligantina)

“Onee-sama!” (Eljela)

Huh, that woman, in this kind of moving scene, why the hell she’s trying to abduct Lagaia when things getting so emotional!

“Wait, you, let go of Lagaia!” (Velt)

“Mgh, ghmh! [Onii-chan]! (Lagaia)

“Now then, my little brother, I entrust you my little sister and niece! Leave repairing of the World Alliance to me!” (Ligantina)

“Stop fucking around! Oi, Barts, Galva, you guys capture that woman! This is an order for your future king!” (Velt)

“Eh, Velt.......... the future........ haha, now can’t disobey that! Alright, let’s catch Princess Ligantina!”

“Can’t be helped, spread out the encirclement!”

“Call out to the guys outside! Let’s go! It’s the order from the future king of Elfarshia Kingdom after all!”

Ligantina went and make a mess out of things at the very end.

Anyway we managed to take back Lagaia but that made our departure turned weirdly late.

But, with the large manhunt chase that wound up till the moment of our departure, for some reason it softened up the gloomy atmosphere in the World Alliance, as laughters are overflowing around the place for a bit.

 

 

Next | Table of ContentPrevious

Rate the Translation

Give me a tip? 

 

 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter~!

    Overgeared huh, thats a novel I havent heard in a long time
    Just in time when I was about to ask for recomendations, Might re-read that one after a long time

    Any more recs?
    Also any spoilers/hints about the novel you are planning to write?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm depends on what kind of thing you wanna read. Or else, you can always check my recommendation list in table of contents though.

      as for my the novel I'm planning to write, still gonna finish this first before i start to write it. so well, still years away. The story is about just wandering the other world. I always felt defeating demon kings, having big goals, world war, regression etc to be very stuffy. And the slow life stuff just felt so wasteful. I'll write it in a way I'll be feeling very free. Seeing the world, meeting people along the way, getting stronger.

      Delete
    2. Looks like you like adventuring, hope its filled with it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Content

Chapter 182 Lamevelt

Chapter 183 Yet Another New Family