Chapter 170 Junkyard

Out of town for some two weeks and next week still gonna be out of town.

 

 

Chapter 170 Junkyard

 

What the King-sama said was, in the end an [assumption].

Even with the captured Dora has escaped, what could happen after that are just speculations.

On top of not having any proof or evidence of him being captured by the demons, I also can’t think of anything that I can do for him.

“While it may be still a possibility, how’s Ura and other’s reaction about the news regarding Dora?” (Velt)

“As far as Princess Ura, Cleran, Musashi, Eljela, and Farga knew, they were only told that Dorauemon was being managed by the Empire side. They are deceived into believing that Dorauemon should avoid other people’s eyes for the time being, because of his importance as the key for things regarding the Divine Race.” (The King)

“Hooh.” (Velt)

“But, he escaped after several months. Because he seemed didn’t escape to where Princess Ura and others were, we also have cooperated and tried all means possible in searching for him, at any rate what we search for is the machine dragon. Should he be captured, his worth is not something of common value after all.” (The King)

Yeah it is so. In the first place, he is a rare creature that has his black market value already in the billions.

Of course should he be found, be it humans, demons, or demihumans, everyone’s eyes gonna turn green and run chasing after him.

“Still, that Dora huh. That guy, was he really understand what we said back then.” (Velt)

“However, there has been no eyewitness report on the Human Continent. That is also the case for the areas humans have occupied in the Divine Race Continent. As for other places, the ones that I able to thought of are, the places that we have not able to control, or otherwise......” (The KIng)

“He got captured by someone.......... right.” (Velt)

Well, he’s a guy that got captured by my magic so easily.

He ran as if chased by ghosts by just Cleran’s snot. Those who have real power more or less could capture him after all.

Geez, that idiot..... but......

“It is true that if he really got captured by the demons then we’ll need to go save him but, we can’t move at all if it’s just for some guesses. Moreover, it’s not something like merely dropping by on some place. This matter about Dora, isn’t it more suitable to just leave it in Ura and other’s hands?” (Velt)

If it’s Ura then she can get information from the demon side. Even if it’s about an unknown country with it’s blockade of information, she’s still previously a daughter of a Demon King.

And that’s where she might get to know something from a back route that I don’t have.

If that’ so, then what about me?

“King-sama. Regardless whether the demons were unified or not, if it means right now they’re not rampaging around the Divine Race Continent, then that just means it’s convenient for me. Right now they don’t have that much of power there right?” (Velt)

“Velt......” (The King)

“I will go to the Divine Race Continent. Don’t stop me now, just shut up and let me have my leave.” (Velt)

Dora.... if I were to get information about you after this, then just like in the past I’ll do it.

Besides, I need you to finish my original purpose, I’m gonna be in trouble if I don’t have you, at that time I’m gonna go and rescue you.

“I see..... so, you’ve already decided it. Just like you were when you decided to take in Princess Ura, you have those unwavering eyes.” (The King)

“H- hic, oi, to- to think that you made me feel this much disgrace, I’m gonnyaaaah!” (Yuzuriha)

------smaaack!

“Hey, Velt. Please don’t reply by hitting a little girl’s butt.” (The King)

“Since back then, I’ve got so many women around that just won’t listen to me. Well, I don’t mind since they’re cute though.” (Velt)

And there, I’ve separated from the king, then did a bit of a revenge as the finale.

“Kuhahaha, hey, King-sama. If I were to conquer the world one day, I’ll have you present the princess of this kingdom to me when that time comes, I’ll go forward with that thought in my mind.” (Velt)

“................Bu, hahahahahahahaha! I see, if that is the case it couldn’t be helped then. At that time I’ll silently comply and present her with even ribbons on.” (The King)

At that moment, in the end we finally able to laugh as if we had gone back into becoming the neighborhood brat and a childhood friend’s father.

“Hic, oi, ar- are you done already? If you’re done now quick let me down, this traaaa, higyuuuh!” (Yuzuriha)

“I bet you’ll get angry because you won’t be able to sit on a chair for a while. You have inspired the coming of ass spanking culture.” (Milco)

“Stop, you, what, what did you do to my butt! I’ll kill you! I’ll bite you to death!” (Yuzuriha)

“In previous life I’ve learned from Milco how to hit those drums hard, go eight beat!” (Velt)

“Hyahhaya, nya, srop, sro, unyaah, jwust srop, no, aaah!” (Yuzuriha)

“Rock n’ roll!” (Velt)

“No stop, I, I, underst, aaand, I’ll, be a good kid, stop hitting me!” (Yuzuriha)

It’s as if the god of rock got angry by the blasphemous music, but since the Demon King of Rock is having an explosive laugh then it’s fine I guess.

I match myself with the rhythm, and keep on hitting her butt as if it’s the bell signaling the beginning of our journey.

“Please, Asakura-kun. Please stop this! Even for just for a prank, to think that you’d expose a girl’s butt in the presence of public like this! Besides, as you’re hitting her, you’re also touching her, that’s just so envio........ um, I mean, that’s already the realm of being pervert!” (Arusha)

“Nahahahha, yeaah~, dat was a good laugh~,  ain’t dat Yuzuriha now look like a cat huddling herself. Now, if I told the old man tis, he’d gonna be real laugh his ass off.” (Jackpot)

“Fukkuku, nu, fufu, making that Princess Yuzuriha like this...... Velt-kun, in a way you’re amazing-zou.” (Kaizer)

“Ryuuma, the beat you played has certainly reached me!” (Kishin)

“Kuuh~. It’s friggin’ sad we don’t have a smartphone for time like these~. Despite we now can get Yuzuriha’s chan weakness and all.” (Kagami)

Ayase is completely red by an unrelated matter, my comrades are having a big laugh, and Sensei is gazing at the sky in astonishment, also for some reason Musashi is sitting in seiza as she trembles. Mushashi what’s wrong with you?

And then......

“Hahahahahaha, aren’t you quite the brat with character.”

Mama seems to be in an awfully good mood.

“I don’t understand why Princess Arusha and Kaizer are following someone like you but, well, since a long time ago, there’s a proverb saying that there is no one that do butt hitting to be bad guys after all~.” (Fanred)

Ain’t no way exist heck. Bet everyone gonna say that but let’s not do any retort here.

However, at that moment, Mama instantly closed on me, she grabbed both of my cheeks, and peered into my eyes from so near.

“Fufu, I see~...... I was wondering why...... despite you’re having those impudent eyes.......  and even you’re having a completely different personality, but somehow..... I feel that you’re similar to my first love.” (Fanred)

At that moment, I remember of a certain story long past.

In this Elfarshia Kingdom, excellent warriors and heroes were appearing one after another, and as the young generations of the whole country were aiming for those seats of heroes, a single person, a young man was silently working as a farmer while being smeared in mud instead.

A candidate to be the number one hero of the younger generation of that time, a female warrior then went passed the wheat field the young man raised, then she was completely charmed by the refreshing smile the young man made as he greeted.

The woman was of upper echelons, she had always mingled in high society and with the nobles of the Empire for the sake of diplomacy, but she was fascinated by the young man who was born in a different world from herself.

However, at that time, the young man already had a lover, who was his childhood friend, they were raised together, and had already tied by a deep connection.

And, while the lover was but a simple village girl, she had a lovely smile and also pure kindness, being yearned by many men that were mesmerized by her.

Among them were, the elite hero who were able to stand shoulder to shoulder with the female warrior, also those of pedigree with no shortcomings, there’s even a general among them, what’s more surprising was that even the Prince of Elfarshia had come to court her.

But still, no one was able to insert themselves between the man and woman, and not long after they were married. The elite hero then graciously pulled himself back.

However, the prince received a broken heart and shut himself for a time. At that kind of time, the female warrior who got wounded by her first unrequited love came charging to the irresolute prince, and just like that she took him onto the bedroom, as if venting out all of her depression she squeezed out many things out of the prince, and after three days the two were treated as missing, the next time the prince appeared in front of public he was like a withered branch, all skin and bones while on the other hand the female warrior appeared with a glossy skin.

And then, several months later, Prince Farga was born. This was the secret story behind the birth of Farga, rather, if someone were to hear about these circumstances even if they aren’t Farga they’d stray from right path and run away from their own home I’m sure.

Still, she is Mama who has considerable feelings for father. Even if she forgot about me, I’m sure there’s something that she able to feel something from, be it his vestiges or atmosphere or something else.

The smile that she showed to me, somehow there’s a warmth that can be felt from it.

“I feel like to bully you for some reason.” (Fanred)

Heck, what do you mean by that? I thought so but, well it’s fine.

“Kaizer. And, Princess Arusha.” (Fanred)

“What is it? O’ Fanred.” (Kaizer)

“You all, went and got influenced by this shitty brat, just what is it that you want to do that you all go out into the world at this kind of time?” (Fanred)

Mama turned to Kaa-kun and Ayase.

A once bitter enemy. While the other presently a compatriot.

Mama need to ascertain why the two of those polar opposites of a standing are now on the same side no matter what, and the two of them answer her honestly.

“It is for the sake of saving the world by the hardest of methods-dazou.” (Kaizer)

“And me too once again, by my own thoughts and for the sake of being honest to my heart, that I stand here.” (Arusha)

We can’t talk about the Holy King and Holy Knights. However, still, it conveys that they are here right now by following their own will themselves,

“Velt....... you’re called that right?” (Fanred)

“Yeah.” (Velt)

At that moment, with the look in her eyes changed Mama put her hand on the nape of my neck like a blade.

“What are you aiming for? I am good at torturing, so you can never lie to me, now pick your words with that in mind.” (Fanred)

Her eyes were telling that she won’t be going easy on me for only that.

If you’re trying to deceive me I’ll let you taste the disgrace of a lifetime, that’s what her eyes are saying.

Well, I don’t intend to shade it up myself.

“I’m the man who’s going to conquer this world.” (Velt)

Enough already, this chuunibyou ambition, I’ve already gotten used to it.

That’s why I’ll just say it brazenly, as Mama got a bit flabbergasted, she seems to be thinking of something and shut herself.

“Hmph, no hesitation huh....... Are you mean to shoulder the karma of the world? A shitty brat like you?” (Fanred)

I tilted my head towards those words that I don’t really know the meaning of, Mama then said silently.

“Ten years ago, there was a man who should have been become one of the Ten Heroes.” (Fanred)

“Hah?” (Velt)

“As mine and Tyler’s junior, he supposed to fight together with us in the Divine Race Continent.” (Fanred)

What is she talking about? But, the moment she spoke up, King-sama makes an anguished expression.

“He was strong. Has good head, even skillful with the sword and magic, and more than anything, his kindness made him fascinated many of people, just like the True Hero Roa.” (Fanred)

So there was that kind of guy? I’ve never heard anything about him, even when I turned to Ayase and Kaa-kun, they just shook their heads.

“However, he has changed. In this world  war because of difference in skin color, religion, and race kept on continuing. And that’s why, for the sake of stopping that, he thought that someone needed to unite the world under one flag. I too laughed at it with everyone else, but, if it’s him could it be perhaps......... there were quite a few who thought like that too though.” (Fanred)

“........ and so, what happened to that guy? What had become of him?” (Velt)

“Nothing happened. In the end, when even before he got his name known to the world , his heart was destroyed.” (Fanred)

“Eh......?” (Velt)

 “It had come so suddenly. On a certain day he went on edge, he became greatly confused, and entered self-abandonment, he harmed himself, and then he tried to do suicide so many times. He said he was a person who mustn’t be allowed to live..... a person that had to be dead no matter what over and over..... and then, when we realized it he had disappeared. Without leaving his name in the history of human race.” (Fanred)

This is an old story I don’t quite get anything about. I don’t know just what this story got anything to do with me at all.

But still, Mama is speaking about it.

“To see nothing but conquering the world, not knowing about anything else around him. To me, no matter what he said or what he thought about I wasn’t able to understand any of them because his mental state had become deranged. [The Glass Hero – Auriga]. When I saw you I suddenly thought of him.” (Fanred)

 

“Oi oi oi oi, do you think I’m trying to walk the same path as that guy? I’m sad to say that I don’t possess that kind of delicate heart. I’m more of a sloppy kind ya know.” (Velt)

I can’t imagine myself getting that deep into mentally ill. But, as if seeing me through on something, Mama stared hard at me.

“No, you won’t be able go pass the final line.” (Fanred”

“Huh what?” (Velt)

“You, just by mistaking yourself as stupid, irresponsible, and unjust type of a person, won’t be able to go pass that final line no matter what. You have those kind of eyes. Your perception of common sense is different from us, that’s where the essence of it lies.” (Fanred)

Difference in the perception of common sense? No well, I’ve felt that stuff for so many years already.

I still haven’t get used to the war alright, seriously just pardon me from this stuff about killing someone.

“In other words, can it be said like this? You’re just that much of a naive, so aren’t you just running your big mouth now?” (Velt)

“Yeah that’s about right. But, it’s not only that. I wonder why........ when I’m seeing you.......  I just feel that I can’t just leave you alone........ that’s my impression.” (Fanred)

So she’s still overprotective Mama despite losing her memories. Somehow, she is making a face as if a mother worrying about her child that went out from village into a city.

Meddlesome, worrywart, but unable to be honest to kids that she just thrusts them away with harsh words.

All parents and child are all clumsy people huh, really.

“You said your name’s Velt right.......  try to go to [Smoky Island].” (Arusha)

“Eh, wha? S, smo?” (Velt)

“It’s an island directly north of the ocean of Human Continent. Being the midpoint between Human Continent, Demon Continent, and Divine Race Continent, it is a nice place to go through by.” (Fanred)

 

I tilted my head towards those words that Mama told so suddenly.

“O, oi, Ayase...... just where, is that place?” (Velt)

“Smoky Island........ If I’m not mistaken, that place....... is called the [life’s final disposal place], umm?” (Arusha)

“Hm, I too have heard of that but...... so, so it still exists?” (Kaizer)

Somehow what I able to hear about it are just some quite the unpleasant things but just what is that place?

“I also never go to that place. Back in the past, I was thinking of using it but from what I heard it was a place that can’t be friggin’ used so that idea was abandoned.” (Kagami)

“Kagami, what do you mean?” (Velt)

“That Smoky Island is a place where no one in this world, be it humans, demons, or demihumans have possession of, a place of tranquility for the end of one’s life. It is said that over there is the final place where all the living who lost the place where they belong to will arrive. The seas there are so muddy as if sludge while the fishes are contaminated, the sky is constantly painted black, and the whole island is buried by mountains of waste dumping place that has been going on from ancient times, with not a single plant able to be grown there, a dead island.” (Kagami)

“Oi oi oi, th- that no good trash of an island, just why the heck it’s being called the [life’s final disposal place].” (Velt)

“Because, in that island without any proper plants, vegetables, or fish, people still exist there. To be precise, the criminals that can’t go out into the world, those who lost their place of belonging in the surface world because being debt ridden, war slaves, children of mixed blood that no race in this world will accept, and so many others. A place where people that have lost their will to live and place they belong to will finally arrive at, and as they eat fishes and dead fleshes that are contaminated by garbage, waste, and sludge, they will usher in their own final moments.” (Arusha)

It’s a world that makes me feel sick just by hearing it.

“It is a hell like world where willpower and drive are normally being doused out. However, it is exactly because of that the nobles that after those debt ridden people and runaway slaves won’t think to actually go out of their way to look for them. Because if they just let them be, they will be dying out by themselves.” (Arusha)

“That kinda place, why the heck you ever thought of using it for business?” (Velt)

“Well? If trashes got considerably dissolved a little bit of earth will be formed in there, or well I just thought that inside those trashes there might be some treasures among them, but it didn’t seem so though. Among the trashes that island has, a military base from long past lies somewhere and when it got destroyed it has mountains of wreckage, and weapons, ships, all of them didn’t look like they could be used at all. It’s a place where the land, sea, and sky have died after all, so I just felt that I don’t have any will to turn them into money~.” (Kagami)

Well, still putting it at that, the problem at hand is why Mama is telling me to go to that kind of place.

And then Mama said.

“At that place, Auriga who wasn’t able to become a hero seems to be there.” (Fanred)

“You mean, the guy you mentioned just now?” (Velt)

“Till ten years ago the guys from the Empire seemed to have attempted to convince him about it that they went back and forth to there, though that ended in failure apparently. Besides, because of a simple voyage to there was hard to do they seemed to have given up on it from that time on.’ (Fanred)

“.........why, are you telling me this?” (Velt)

“Because it’s him, he maybe still alive. If he really is alive, you should see him with your own eyes. Once, he was a person that had the same thinking as yours, you should see how he turned out.” (Fanred)

In other words, it’s something like this right? Look at your predecessor? Or maybe, if you wanted to talk about the world, you should go and see the lowest of the lowest there is in the world, is that what she’s trying to say?

“Wait, why are you saying something so friggin’ like that! That place over there, the sea surface nearby it are all so muddy that ships just can’t get close, even if you try to ride a griffon or a flying dragon to get there from the sky, those riding beasts that have very sharp olfaction sense won’t be able to stand the smell till you get there. It’s really because just going there gonna need a considerable amount of money for the preparation, you can’t really say to go there so easily!” (Kagami)

“Aah? Like hell I know those kind of stuff. But, if you shitty brats can’t go over merely that kind of thing, all talks about you going to conquer the world gonna sound laughable.” (Fanred)

“Nah nah nah, rather, that fallen hero that we don’t know whether he’s alive or not, even if we met with him it’s not like there’s anything we can do!” (Kagami)

It’s exactly like that. Rather than saying it as dropping by on our way, I can’t see it as anything other than a wasted effort. Honestly I can’t recommend it myself, even Ayase is making such a disagreeable face about it.

But, at that moment, a voice came from an unexpected place.

“Smoky Island, I heard sumthin’ about it last year. Well, it’s just sumthin’ the ol’ man talked tho.”

And that is, someone that I thought won’t be interested in this kind of talk, Jackpot spoke out.

“Hey, Jack. What did you hear about it?” (Fanred)

“Hmm~, wat was it again, if I’m not mistaken...... sum’ people from Shinsengumi was catchin’ the culprit of a patriarch’s assassination attempt, well, the culprit quickly got caught but.....” (Jackpot)

But what?

“Other soldiers from the regiment was, uhh~, did sumthin’ real troublesome and kept complainin’ about the smell but...... there’s one person..... only Grandpa Barnando who led the soldiers was having a different reaction it seemed.” (Jackpot)

“Eh, Bernando you mean....” (Velt)

“Well, I don’t meet him real often tho, he’s said to be the old man’s right hand man.” (Jackpot)

At that moment, me, Kagami, Ayase, Milco, and Sensei, there’s no need to say it but our shoulders are trembling greatly.

“Great Grandpa! Prince Jackpot! Has, has something happened to Great Grandpa-gozaruka!” (Musashi)

Musashi raised her voice spontaneously, honestly we all also want to raised our voice too.

Barnando....... Miyamoto..... that guy, did something happen to him?

“It’s gonna be bad if it’s bein’ known to anyone. I heard sumthin’ like sumthin’ needed to be hidden in dat island before anyone could noticed t.....” (Jackpot)

“Haah?” (Velt)

“I dunno what it was but from dat time on, he kept going back n’ forth to dat island, he didn’t appear at the dojo, he also didn’t appear for his duty at Shinsengumi, old man already given up about it too it seems.” (Jackpot)

At this moment, suddenly we can intuitively feel something in common.

Me, Ayase, Kagami, Milco, the four of us.

Miyamoto who showed a reaction different from everyone else.

Just what had Miyamoto saw in that Smoky Island? Just what did he think?

We can’t help but think about it.

“Hmh, Mister Kendo huh.” (Kishin)

“Hooh~, I never gone there directly and just sent my lackeys there but, heeh~, so Miyamo-cchan gone there.” (Kagami)

“Just what..... did he saw, I wonder.” (Arusha)

It’s really something that we feel uneasy about.

That Miyamoto, what is the thing he’s hiding?

“But, why? Ma........ Queen-sama.” (Velt)

“What is it?” (Fanred)

“Why, are you seem so concerned about it? Besides, with Princess Arusha and Kaizer here, it isn’t something that you can just overlook right?” (Velt)

Having asked me to go to this troublesome path, Mama made a slight smile.

“If, it’s Gyanza.... I’m sure she’d say that Princess Arusha and you got brainwashed but....” (Fanred)

Yeah, she’d absolutely say that....

“If it’s me, no matter even if you’re an idiot who know nothing about the world, I can at least able to tell whether you’re serious with your words or not.” (Fanred)

If Mama still had her memories about me, I bet she’d put a leash on my neck and put me in confinement so that I don’t do stupid things.

In a way, with her forgetting about me, I feel that it makes us in a just-right type of relationship.

Still, it’s a sad thing.

“Well, if we’re still going to get to the DIvine Race Continent by that route, then it won’t be that big of a loss, ....... shall we go check it? That waste garbage of an island.” (Velt)

Once again, I have a hunch that we’d be able to reunite with someone too.

I don’t really feel up to it but, it was the moment when our next destination got decided.

 

 

 

Next | Table of Content | Previous


Rate the Translation

Give me a tip?

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Content

Chapter 182 Lamevelt

Chapter 183 Yet Another New Family