Chapter 190 Deadly Sin

 

Chapter 190 Deadly Sin

 

As if we’d die at the hands of these dead guys. Even if it’s some monsters from ancient times, we won’t let them get in our way.

“Fuwa Fuwa Moses” (Velt)

The skeleton fishmen that are swarming damgun’s foot.

I opened up a path off these bare bone guys with no muscles nor intestines.

“My bad, I can’t prepare a grave for all of you. I’ll have you sleep at the bottom of the sea.” (Velt)

I don’t know from where they all came from nor what kind of life they went through.

Despite already dead and became bones they’re being made to move like this, that’s so pitiful of them.

But, despite feeling sympathy for them, I have no room to act kind with them.

“And so in exchange, I’mma beat the crap out of the idiot that stole my wife, let me go for that will ya!” (Velt)

That’s why, in exchange for that, I’ll promise to clear away their regrets.

“Ooh, papa strong!” (Cosmos)

“As his wife I won’t lose!” (Eljela)

With my attack as the cue, the fight against the swarms of undeads is starting.

From here till the continent’s shore is still around several hundred meters.

If damgun were to dash through it, we’ll reach it in just a moment.

But, the swarms of soldiers on damgun’s feet keep” coming from the bottom of the sea one after another.

“Onii-chan! That Leviathan from before is recovering and is about to come back!” (Lagaia)

“Yeah, this is Neferti’s remote control. It can automatically recover damaged body. As long as Neferti’s magic power doesn’t empty, this will keep on going you know?” (Kishin)

“That shit, so annoying. Then, this great me will not demolish them, but annihilate them till not even a trace left!” (Chirotan)

“No, look closely! On the shore there’re also soldiers in wait. Those are..... what the, demons, magic beasts, even demihumans are there!” (Barnando)

“Their numbers seem to be in several thousands........ impossible, just how much corpses do they have-zou! No, with these numbers, just how many necromancers are controlling them-zou!” (Kaizer)

To say it in simpler way, they won’t let us through. Well, we’re a terrorist that’s attempting to take away the Demon King’s bride. I can comprehend that the country’s guards gonna be fuming.

When I realized it, the cobalt blue sea, the shore that’s lined up with trees of southern origin, all of them are now has turned into a scenery of rows upon rows of white skeletons of great diversity.

“What the? After that garbage island it’s corpses processing plant now? Disgusting....... since I travelled with that trash it’s always like this.” (Yuzuriha)

“Stop grumblin’ Yuzuriha. This is fer bro’s wife. Zip it and help out is what a friend does!” (Jackpot)

“No, well, I just came here to check out the soap opera stuff that’s going to happen, so I’ll totes leave all the fight to all you guys.”(Althea)

“Althea-san, I really admire how you can do things your way like that. But I will do my best here. It is stuffed up with my jealousy to Ura-san though.” (Arusha)

“We will definitely bring back Princess!” (Rumba)

Our enemies are endless. But despite so, none of my comrades are hesitating about this. Rather, they’re too dependable.

That’s why, I’ll have to show my best here too.

I mean, since after our prison break I don’t have that much screen time to shine at all.

[These are quite the valiant fellows. Not to say about Love and Peace who only maintain mere exterior camaraderie, you people are much more (looking like it), is it not?] (Neferti)

Towards our state who are getting riled up, Neferti spoke in a sneering manner but Ura doesn’t remain silent to those words.

[Oi, Neferti! What do you mean with mere exterior camaraderie!] (Ura)

[Hmh, it is as the words mean. After all, your farce of a peace will only last until the next war’s preparation phase and probing to come to an end. Why are you still haven’t realized that you are being simply being used by the humans?] (Neferti)

[What are you saying! It is true that we had many things happened in the past, but even if our races are different, we are the ones who went through the same pain! The times are changing. That is the reason for the Summit we will have!] (Ura)

[Fuhahahaha, that is why I said it’s a mere exterior, Ura. And also, that is the reason of why I won’t let you who are only being used, to go.] (Neferti)

Neferti easily avoided Ura who raised up her voice in anger.

And then, it was only at this time that I was unable to deny Neferti’s words.

Ura is being used............

“Maybe so. In the end, we don’t know just how serious those guys who are going to attend the summit will be.” (Velt)

[Velt Jeeha! Bastard!] (Ura)

“But, that kind of thing doesn’t matter. Be it just exterior or illusions, all those craps doesn’t matter! Because right now, my seriousness here is real, that’s all that matters!” (Velt)

That’s why I came here, to prove to Ura that I am the real deal. And I will fight for it. I won’t let anyone stand in my way for this.

“All of you, drown! Fuwa Fuwa World!” (Velt)

The thing I made float is, the very world I currently see!

For my wife, I will stake all of my magic power, willpower, stamina, and even my life!

For the sake of taking back my woman who lies beyond this place.

Pheew, going passion max aren’t you, Velt! That’s real rock!” (Kishin)

“What the! Those harpoons and thrown weapons are, no, there’s somethin’ goin’ on with the undeads........ the sea is swayin’..... is it earthquake?” (Jackpot)

“Hoho, that’s quite the usage of your power, Velt-kun” (Kaizer)

“Keh. It’s the annoying power that got this great me before.” (Chirotan)

“Hihahahahaha, that’s friggin’ amount of spirit you put in there, Velt-kun” (Kagami)

The seas turned tempestuous as if in a storm, swallowing the skeleton fishmen who only can do monotone movements inside it.

I forcefully strike down the skeleton dragon that’s flying in the sky into the sea, and with even more powerful wave, it swallows the skeleton soldiers waiting on the shore in it’s entirety.

[Hoh] (Neferti)

A grunt that sounded as if fancying himself  as an uninterested spectator was heard from Neferti. It had happened at the several seconds when the great tsunami was engulfing everything and changed the world.

“Hawaaaaa! Papa, papa did you do that? Papa is amazing! Cosmos’ papa is amazing!” (Cosmos)

“He’s both Cosmos’ papa and my husband, so he held this much power all along.” (Elejala)

This is kind of feeling has been quite a while, me raging out like this. Now that I think about it, ever since I broke out of the jail, my dependable comrades had always already taken care of everything each time I’m about to do something, so I miss the feeling of unleashing my power like this.

This feeling as if I have everything in this world in my grasp.

It makes me feel as if I’ve already come so far.

“What’s wrong? Velt the mortician is ready to hold a memorial service anytime you need, you know?” (Velt)

[Fuhahahahaha. I who manipulate corpses, or you who destroy corpses and everything so mercilessly, I wonder which of us will slip off in the end?] (Neferti)

I thought he’d get a bit flustered but he actually said something provoking instead, so I guess he doesn’t see his opponent as a small fry all that much.

“What are you saying, I returned them to the mother sea. I don’t wanna hear something like that from you guys who dug them out of the ground instead.” (Velt)

[Fufu, you have ways with words. Well, go ahead and struggle all you want.  We over here will continue the preparations for the wedding ceremony.] (Neferti)

“For me? Well that put me in a spot. I haven’t prepared a ring worth three months of my salary. I also haven’t invited my family.” (Velt)

[For what do you need it when you don’t even have the bride to give it to? Though it is different for me, for I already have one ready.] (Neferti)

“I’ll take her from you, since one day you’ll find the one you really love in the future. She might be exist you know? Someone who only interested in digging up old relics, well it’s gonna be an archeologist old geezer though.” (Velt)

Both of us don’t seem to have any intention to pull back,  and so our exchange kept on continuing.  Neferti seemingly doesn’t think of this as mere bluffing, nor he seems to be in panic,  he just get along with our dialogue.

And, Ura who’s hearing it obviously got her face turned red.

Well, she’s seeing us fighting over her just before her eyes after all.

The one winning is me though.

[Well, there’s still a bit of time before the preparation is finished. Until that I’ll have you play around for a bit more. The guests still haven’t come either after all.] (Neferti)

He left words with some implications in it and then made the hologram disappeared.

That bastard, he still seems so relaxed.

“Hihahahahaha, he’s quite unpredictable huh, that Demon King.” (Mackey)

“Hmh. This is also the first time for me seeing him but...... I unable see his depths-zou.” (Kaizer)

It seems so. Honestly, for guys who manipulates corpses I thought that he’d be the kind of malicious person or having unstable mind.

That’s why, I got slightly surprised that he’s a bit different from the kind of guy I imagined by circumstances so far.

“In any case, we need to hasten even for a minute faster. Let’s get going to the Demon King castle!” (Rumba)

True, it’s as Rumba said, regardless of Ura’s will, it’s gonna be troublesome if it’s actually happened.

I don’t know how serious Ura is in this marriage but in the first place, this matter already has a time limit.

There’s no changing that we need to be quick.

“Cosmos, can you push yourself a bit and run?” (Velt)

I put my hand on Cosmos’ head who was leaning over me, she then sway it back and forth and laughed.

“Hmh! Cosmos already able to play tag you know?” (Cosmos)

“We’ll be flying though.” (Velt)

“Ehehe, then, let’s fly!” (Cosmos)

Fire was blowing out from damgun’s jet on it’s back. By what manner of structure does this thing work? Really.

But, along with a triumphant smile from Cosmos, we rode on the jet current and fly out of the sea in one go.

Pheew, this is friggin’!” (Mackey)

“Cosmos, you’re amazing! I’ll buy you tons of snacks later!” (Chirotan)

“This is rather late but, Velt-kun, Imperial Princess Eljela, you must absolutely rise Cosmos-chan to be a proper adult.” (Arusha)

We quickly went over the sea and going toward the shore.........

[Ooh, that’s right. I forgot to say something.]

At that moment, Neferti’s hologram once again appeared, he then started to talk in a way seemingly aiming for something.

[Mortician Velt. I’ll take on your words and have a funeral job for you. Since a memorial service is your job........ then a memorial service shall you do.] (Neferti)

What did he mean? The moment I thought of that, a freezing pressure came from our backs.

“!!”

“Hiu’!”

“...This is......!”

Upon feeling this intense pressure we spontaneously turned our heads back.

And, what’s over there is, a huge creature that meander about swimmingly on the sea. It is not skeleton. It’s whole body is covered with blue scales along with huge wings, it’s head is like a dragon with fangs hidden within.

“..........Impossible.......... it’s flesh is...........”

It’s eyes are black as if already dead. Indeed, it’s unmistakenably already dead. It’s eyes are similar to those of a puppet.

However, it still moves. It’s body is glimmering divinely.

[What. If one were to concentrate his magic into a corpse, not only it’s bones, one can recreate it’s flesh, and even it’s power when it was alive. One of the illusionary mythical beasts. Given birth by the gods themselves, one of the Seven Deadly Sins........ he’s the one who governs over envyLeviathan.] (Neferti)

It’s not a fossil! It has completely recovered it’s form when it was alive, it’s form as a monster!

“Th.................... this is bad-zou! Cosmos escape right this instant-zou!” (Kaizer)

When everyone lost their words becoming speechless Kaa-kun was the only one able to spoke, but it was already too late.

The monster opened it’s huge mouth with not even any roar, and with a machine-like movement, it gave rise to a cataclysm.

-------------Dark – Sea God Strike!!

TL note: 冥・海神撃(Mei Kaishin Geki)

It’s not on a level of mere tsunami.

For a moment, a destroyed world scenery flitted inside my mind.

The seas have become a huge wall that even look down on damgun, seemingly about to devour the world.

It made me lost all the impudent words in my mind, the overwhelming death and destruction made me forgot to try to resist it for a moment.

Yes, if we were just one step too late...................

“Glass Southern Cross!”

The huge wall of sea froze instantly, it split like a cross and broke apart.

Because the sea got transformed into ice mountain in an instant, the surrounding temperatures also experienced a sudden plunge, making the breath I let out to be tinged with ice.

“Haa, haa, haa, haa............ It took my entire magic power.................. that was dangerous............”

It was Arusha! But, that seriously saved us. It was a sea wall that was far exceeding damgun in size.

In the first place, what’s gonna happen if Arusha didn’t froze the sea over?

Isn’t the lands of this country already got damaged quite seriously?

No well, I don’t really care about the lands though. After all, this country has so many corpses on it.

“Hyaaaaah, t, that just now, was friggin’ bad right......” (Mackey)

“T, that, got me freaked out.............” (Althea)

I can understand their feelings when they said they’re about to go faint like that.

I was like that too, just a moment late and it’s gonna be dangerous.

“Pa, papa, mama..............” (Cosmos)

“It’s fine, Cosmos. Everyone will defeat that scary thing soon enough.” (Eljela)

I can see clearly that Eljela who’s comforting the trembling Cosmos also had become stiffened.

However, we still didn’t understand it.

That this was nothing but a mere prologue of what’s to come.

[Oh, my apologies. I forgot something again. Mortician.] (Neferti)

“What?” (Velt)

[Is it possible to order all of your funeral as a package?] (Neferti)

It was at that moment.

[All of you, run away! Neferti stop it!] (Ura)

At the same time as Ura’s heartbreaking shout, a horizontal attack stroke damgun’s blind spot.

It’s body got jolted violently and as we still don’t know the wiser, we got thrown out of the opened hatch.

----------Eh?

“Eljela! Get Cosmos!” (Velt)

“Leave it to me!” (Eljela)

The instant I shouted Eljela has already flapped her wings and caught Cosmos.

“Fuwa Fuwa Time!” (Velt)

I then threw myself out and float up all my comrades who don’t know how to fly, preventing them from falling down.

“Hiha, friggi~!” (Mackey)

“You saved us, Onii-cha.........!” (Lagaia)

“Velt-kun, behind you-zou!” (Kaizer)

We’re save? No, this is the worst possible.

And I’ll say this but, we absolutely didn’t let our guard down.

It’s more difficult to be not on guard when this monster called Leviathan appeared before our eyes.

To think that, there’s actually another huge creature that charged at damgun’s blind spot, it’s just unthinkable.

“Wha, what the hell!” (Velt)

“Birdman......... no?”

Everyone got stupefied.

The creature that appeared now has the size of five meters, it’s smaller than damgun but it’s powerful. It has huge wings and claws.

It has the form of a human but it’s head is like a crow’s, it’s grotesque shape is similar to that of birdman.

However, for some reason it’s not a [birdman], but instead got called as [something that close to birdman].

And that is......

“It- it’s head, it got two!” (Rumba)

“Di, disgusting.......”

That’s right, it got two heads. It’s upper body is being covered with feathers, it got two legs, two arms, and two wings. But for some reason, strangely it got two heads.

Kaa-kun’s voice trembled towards that abnormality.

“The Seven Deadly Sins’............ Mammon of Greed?”

Will you stop it already? It’s like, that thing is very famous.

“Impossible, the Seven Deadly Sins, how come there’re two of them here!”

“What the hell really!”

“Hihahahaha, friggin’ friggin’. Far before the Seven Great Demon Kings and Four Heavenly Beast Demihumans exist, they’re the mythical beasts that guarded over the Divine Race Continent....... the Seven Illusionary Deities!” (Mackey)

TL note: 七幻神(Nana/Shichi Genshin), could also be Phantom Gods?

“What did you say! Is that a kind of fairy tale? Totes spare me from that seriously!” (Althea)

Pheew, it’s sure is been a while since me’s chest feel tense like this.” (Kishin)

The only thing I can understand is, this monster also have the eyes of the dead.

In other words, it is a corpse. It is being manipulated.

No..... it’s not just..... this one!

“Crap! Look up!” (Jackpot)

What now, from above too?

What came from above is an outrageous creature that makes my body down to it’s hair to stand on end.

It raised up an unpleasant sound of flapping wings, it’s huge eyes are like dragonfly’s, it’s swollen out body has many legs, and a huge mouth that as if capable of swallowing whole everything.

The moment those huge wings flapped, we who were floating mid air became unable to control ourselves, and simultaneously got blown and scattered apart.

[Beelzebub of Gluttony.............. Fuhahahaha, think of this as an honor. This is a test run for the upcoming war.....] (Neferti)

All of this happened in just a mere moment.

Where’s Cosmos? And everyone else? The moment we got inside enemy’s territory in high and proud spirits, we were taken by surprise and got scattered away

[By modern standards, The Seven Deadly Sins when they were, they were the equal to our Seven Great Demon Kings and Four Heavenly Beast Demihumans.............  try and withstand the weight of those sins] (Neferti)

I got blown so hard that I couldn’t even open my eyes, in which part of the sky I’m drifting about now?

Even if I were to try stopping it with magic, it just doesn’t work. The sea? The land? Forest? What about Cosmos?

Just before we got blown away, I saw that Eljela was holding Cosmos tightly, but what happened to them now?

“Guhaggah!” (Velt)

My body was got hit by something.

I wasn’t able to move my body as I willed it for a moment, I can’t even rise it up. My eyes are itchy. What happened to me?

“...............This is............!” (Velt)

I unintentionally grasped tight at something and it was sand that felt smooth like powder.

My senses are coming back, I can know that the place I’m lying face down at is warm and feel stiff.

Finally I’m able to open my eyes and look around, and what I see is a world full of sand all over.

 

“A...........Desert?” (Velt)

I was supposed to be at the sea, but when I came to I’m already got blown away to a desert.

How about everyone else? Crap, do we got scattered away?

“Cosmos! Eljela! Is anyone here!” (Velt)

I tried to shout loudly but only silence returned, there’s no one and nothing that replied back.

Damn, I got separated from them.

Is everyone alright? No, I don’t think those guys will die just like that.

But, how about Cosmos? And Eljela was........ well... she might be crying.......

[What’s wrong? Has the mortician now gone out of business?] (Neferti)

At that moment, a hologram once again appeared in front of my eyes.

And it wasn’t the huge one that covered the sky like before, it appeared to have adjusted to my size and materialized in front of my eyes.

“This bastard went and do something this pain in the ass.” (Velt)

[Hmh, but as I would expect. Despite all of you got separated apart, there’s no one that died.] (Neferti)

“That’s natural.” (Velt)

[Still, it is only after this that you will personally experience what is like to be in the valleys between life and death.] (Neferti)

Neferti is speaking as if everything that happened was in the palm on his hand.

He then hoist his hand up into the air, a black dot then appeared in the sky and it gradually grew big enough to fill my field of vision,  it’s fall even caused the sand of the desert to soar high.

“Wh, wha, what the heck is that!” (Velt)

I could know it with one glance, that it’s something of a different kind. Probably it close to  a demon, I don’t know from which tribe though.

It’s whole skin is of deep blue color, both of it’s feet are covered in body hair, and it is naked with hard body build.

It’s nose is sharp like that of a witch, with beard like one you’d see from a hermit.

For some reason it fell over along with a stone pillar, and on top that stone pillar it is just sitting there unmoving even a single step.

[One of the Seven Deadly Sins. Belphegor of Sloth............ now then, you’re alone right now but, can you still hold a memorial service?] (Neferti)

Oi oi oi oi oi, how many of these guys do you have? No, since he said seven so is it really seven of them?

“You’ve been digging up quite the rare stuff a lot huh. Wasn’t this country supposed to be like a graveyard? I just heard that this country is the weakest one of the Seven Great Demon Kingdoms, it shouldn’t have those kind of scary shits.” (Velt)

[Well, I also just recently obtained them. It was something like a tribute from one of the cryptids.] (Neferti)

“What?” (Velt)

[Fuhahahaha, soon the world will realize. That we the demons.......... and only demons, are enough to rule over this world, we have the ability to do so!] (Neferti)

Despite it’s just being a hologram, there’s something that it conveys.

I clenched my fist tightly, there’s a strong ambition boiling up in his words.

However, he isn’t just some bastard who took Ura from me.

This guy, he’s aiming for something much bigger.

[Fuhahahaha, well, it’s something that has nothing to do with you. I will hold my and Ura’s marriage ceremony tomorrow night. If you were serious with what you said, overcome that very valley between life and death and come before me.] (Neferti)

He’s trying to take over the world.

I don’t know how and in what way he will take over it. But, it is as he said, right now it has nothing to do with me.

Because, what I need to prioritize here is only one after all.

“The valley between life and death? Don’t make me laugh. Someone who hasn’t died even once shouldn’t talk about my, our deaths.” (Velt)

[Hohoh. Your comrades are all also playing with my other subordinates. It is impossible for you to reunite with them soon. You by yourself should overcome the Seven Deadly Sins, overcome the desert, and appear before me.] (Neferti)

“What Seven Deadly Sins. Be it envy, greed, gluttony, or sloth, all of them are everyday occurence. It’s something small. Your biggest sin is that you guys went and took away my family from me, therefore I will get in our way. I’ll give you deadly sins, grave sins, capital punishment, or anything like it, keep this in your head!” (Velt)

That’s why I’ll go there right away. Just as he wished.

“Everyone’s must be aiming for the same place too, we’ll just meet later. That’s all. So just come at me quick, KORAA!” (Velt)

I spread both of my hand, venting out, and shouted out as if trying to invigorate myself.

The inside of my chest is boiling.

I won’t lose. I can’t lose. I’m gonna beat him! Crush him down! And I’ll take her back! Even if, all by myself.......

[Hm? Seems you have a good fortune. You won’t be alone it seems?] (Neferti)

“What?” (Velt)

At that instant, from inside the sand a bit of a distance a way, I can see that someone is getting up.

They shake their body as if trying to brush off the sand that covered them, I’m sure it’s one of my friends.

That makes my lips unintentionally rose up.

And what the, it’s not just one person who’s getting up. It’s two.

It seems the both of them got blown away near me.

That made me feel relieved.

That’s just how much reliable they are.

No matter whoever they are, they’re so reassuring..........

“Peppeh, oeeh. It’s all sand! Geez, this is the worst, my hair all messed up, aah, my eyelashes, where did they go!”

“This cute me is being covered with sand like this........... trash, corpses,  and now sand............. this is irritating.......”

So they’re Althea and Yuzuriha.........

“Whoa, that’s Velt! So you’re alive, now I’m so glad..........eh, wha, what is that!” (Althea)

“Trash.............. tch. So he’s alive.............. still, what’s that disgusting thing behind him.” (Yuzuriha)

At least.......... I hope it’s either Kaa-kun or Kishin.........

“I want a change.” (Velt)

“Hah?” (Althea)

“Ah? Trash, what did you say?” (Yuzuriha)

Out of everyone else, why it’s gotta be them!

 

 

 

NextTable of ContentPrevious

 

Rate the Translation

Give me a tip?

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Table of Content

Chapter 182 Lamevelt

Chapter 183 Yet Another New Family